A list of 7 superb health benefits for you body from drinking wheat grass juice…
1. Wheat grass is an energizer for mind and body. The vitality obtained from wheat grass juice is remarkable. Two ounces of fresh juice, drunk immediately after juicing, equals three pounds of organic vegetables in vitamins and minerals, or the equivalent of two cups of coffee. You’ll feel refreshed and energized throughout the day.
2. It’s nutritious. Wheat grass juice contains 90 out of 102 vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, including vitamins A, B (niacin, riboflavin, thiamine), C, E and K, as well as choline, calcium, chlorine, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulphur, cobalt and zinc, not to mention twenty amino acids. It is a whole meal and a complete protein with about thirty enzymes and is approximately 70% crude chlorophyll. Humans can easily digest chlorophyll, and dark green plants are an excellent source of lutein, essential in eye health. While wheat grass contains small amounts of B vitamins, the overall nutritional value does great things for your body. It’s rich in folic acid, which is important for women, especially women of childbearing age.
3. Wheat grass builds the blood. Because chlorophyll is nearly identical to the hemoglobin in red blood cells, wheat grass juice has been proven to build red blood cells quickly after ingestion. It also speeds up blood circulation, cleanses the blood of wastes, lowers high blood pressure and stimulates healthy tissue cell growth.
4. Wheat grass cleanses the body. Wheat grass juice will drain the lymph system, which carries away many toxins from body cells. When an imbalance exists–sore tendons and joints, degenerative disease, etc–there is a natural buildup of mucous in the lymph in that area. Wheat grass juice will break down the mucous and allow it to drain. In addition, it supplies iron, which cleanses the blood and helps prevent anemia, especially in women. Note that pregnant or breastfeeding women shouldn’t use wheat grass, but should get iron from supplements.
5. It helps in weight control. The nutritional value of wheat grass juice is so high that many people don’t feel those “cravings” that lead to overeating. This is a wonderful aid in weight control. Since it increases circulation, aids in metabolism, and helps blood sugar levels, it’s an effective way to keep your weight down. You’ll feel fuller faster, since digestion gets a boost.
6. It may prevent osteoporosis. Wheat grass is rich in vitamin K, which is essential in bone formation, and studies are being conducted on osteoporosis and a wheat grass diet.
7. Wheat grass juice boosts the immune system. The chlorophyll in wheat grass juice increases function of the heart, helps the vascular system, the uterus, the intestine and the lungs. Can all this prevent or cure cancer? While there are claims that wheat grass can prevent cancer, and anecdotal evidence, no scientific study has linked a wheat grass diet to a cure for cancer. Some experts in the raw food community note that animals who graze and ingest chlorophyll still develop cancer.